Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Abbey is doing better :)

Ok..after crying and feeling bad about how skinny Abbey is...Al and I jumped into action with great advice from our "farmer friends"! I now have Abbey on a 20% protein dairy feed and adding some cracked corn to that for energy. Had the vet out to check on her and he said overall she seems ok albeit she is a little too thin(like we didn't already know that, lol)he gave her a good shot of vitamin B12 and I am happy to say that her appetite is back with a vengeance! I weighed her today so we can keep track of weight gain. She weighed 778 pounds so I will keep you posted on her progress. Will probably weigh her again in the next week or two just to see where she is at. I would post my most recent pics of her but..well..it's a little too embarrassing!
Praline(my little nigerian dwarf goat)has still not had those darn babies! I keep saying any day now but of course I did the same thing with Abbey. I guess they will get here when it's time.
I will start my last group of 12 classes on May 5th and I am having to go to a very odd milking schedule. Right now I am at 3:30 and 3:30 but I will have to get it to 2 and 2. That's 2 AM!! I have been getting up pretty good at a little after 3 so hopefully the adjustment won't be too awful once I get to the 2 am.
I'm also about to hit the 140 pound mark on the scales so..it may be time to do something about my diet..ugh. My goal is where I was last summer at 114 but I will just take it one day at a time and try to cut out some of these "treats" I have been eating. Usually when it gets warmer I don't like to eat as much so that should help too. Yummy fresh garden food will be coming before long. We haven't planted anything yet but we will soon. We are still having some frosts at night so we don't want to get too overzealous. :) Surely in the first part of May we should be safe?? We are pretty high up elevation wise though.
Ok..time to make some leftovers for dinner. Ya'll have a great evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment