Friday, April 16, 2010

So much milk!

Wow...I think I have about 15 gallons of milk in the fridge now! Abbey is consistently giving me 1 1/2 gallons per milking, about 3 gallons a day and it seems like every day she is giving me a little more! I guess it's the grass..I am going to make more mozzarella cheese today. Maybe I'll do 4 gallons today. I am out of containers for my milk so I have to make something!
I miss my camera :(  the actual camera itself is working but I am not able to download pics all of a sudden. I am ordering a new battery hopefully that is it. We will see when it arrives.
Got to see my mom on Monday :)  Had a great reunion at the Wal Mart parking lot..lol.   I gave her 4 gallons of milk and she bought me a quart of goat's milk because I wanted to try it...YUCK!! It had this awful aftertaste. We visited for a while in the parking lot and then went our seperate ways.
Oh..I almost forgot! I am getting a mini jersey bull named Leo..Al and I will be going to pick him up this sunday or next sunday..not exactly sure yet. I'm not sure what to do with Adam(my percentage mini bull from Abbey)but I think I will try to sell him before I steer him. I was originally going to breed Adam to Abbey(son to mother!)because the lady at AMJA(american miniature jersey association)said that I could do that but..the more I thought about it, I just wasn't comfortable with doing that...not to mention he is not 100% mini, only 3/4 so I would be going backwards instead of forward as far as trying to get a full 100% mini. So I am excited about getting him.
The chickens I got last thursday are settling in nicely and we really enjoy them! I just love watching them and hearing the little noises they make and it's been fun to go out to the coop everyday and see if I have any eggs! :)  I am up to a dozen now in a week so..I think four chickens for Al and I will do nicely. No more store bought eggs. Mom also gave me 4 duck eggs. I thought they would be bigger than chicken eggs but they aren't. I guess if you cook with them they make cakes and things more "fluffy".
I just love spring..it's also neat to discover that on Yahweh's calender the end of March is the beginning of the year, which makes a lot more sense to me :)   It's a time of new beginnings...trees budding, grass growing, flowers starting to bloom..awesome!
Praline(my nigerian dwarf goat)is going to be having a baby or babies any day now..I am so excited! Of course I have been saying "any day now" for almost a month..lol! Hopefully I can get my camera to download again with my new battery and put pics up of my chickens and the new goat kids.
Have an awesome day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment