Sunday, April 11, 2010

I gotta get back in the groove!

Gosh, it's been about 3 weeks since I've blogged...I keep forgetting! I will try to do better.
I had a great passover and week of unleavened bread! I still have a lot to learn and I'm sure I made some mistakes but Yahweh(God's name in Hebrew)will help me learn. It is so cool to discover that these Holy Days all signify the plan of salvation and are a shadow of things to come. I love His ways! I just want to learn and please Him.
So, let's see...April 1st was Al and I's 3rd anniversary..wow! It has been so awesome to have him in my life. I call him my "gift from Yahweh(God)". That day was also the last day of a set of 12 classes that I had to take for getting my license back, so..I only have the 10 or 12(can't remember which)classes to go with ASAP(alcohol safety awareness program). Hopefully I will have my license before the summer is up! :)
Also on April 2nd, I quit smoking! Al had already not smoked for 30 days, we decided to do it that way so we wouldn't rip each others heads off..lol! I did have a slight "relapse" on the 7th but I already have another 2 days under my belt as of today. I have smoked since I was 12! It has been harder to give that up than the drugs and alcohol, it seems. Along with the quitting smoking I have cut down from 12 cups of coffee to 4 a day. Yippee!
So on thursday, the 8th my husband and I drove to Staunton to a good friend of mine's house and picked up 4 Rhode Island Red chickens and 1 Rhode Island Red rooster! Don't ever buy a cheaply made "chicken coop" from Tractor supply! It was a disaster! It was very windy on the 9th and the darn thing blew over backward and broke! Thankfully the chickens were not in it. The box said it was for up to 6 chickens but I think they must have meant 6 peeps! They were so cramped in there and that was even minus the chicken that got away! I've named her Roami. We finally got her back in with all the other chickens and rooster last night in their new "home". Al caught her, I couldn't believe it...I had been trying for 2 days! I am leaving them in the new coop for today so they get adjusted and hopefully will know that is their new home. Those poor chickens have had a rough life the last couple of days! I would post pics but something seems to be wrong with my camera(you're not the only one having camera problems, Tammy..lol!)and I can't download pics :(
I will try to rectify that situation as soon as I can find out what the problem is with my camera.
Also, starting April 2nd, I weaned my jersey bull calf from my milk cow and have been milking twice a day...I have so much milk, my fridge is full and this morning I used the last two containers! I have GOT to get me a cheese thermometer so I can start making cheese! I guess I will have to make some cottage cheese in the meantime. Abbey has been so good with milking, I love her so much!
Well, I think I will go see if I have gotten any more eggs yet! I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment